domingo, marzo 26, 2006

Sunday comics

Today while I was grading some papers I came across this gem of a drawing by one of our 8th graders. This assignment was for their spelling/vocabulary class, where I asked them to choose 6 vocabulary words from their current list, create an original sentence using each word and make a drawing that illustrates what is happening in the sentence.


If you can't read it, the sentence says, "Not having a complaisant attitude, Memo disobeyed Mrs. Fritz." Mrs. Fritz is the girl on the right saying, "You could have hit him in the stomach!" The student that made this drawing is Ricardo, who is always making fun of Memo (the kid doing the punching) for getting in trouble in Mrs. Fritz's class for talking. So this is a depiction of Memo getting in trouble again, Ricardo making fun of him, and Memo punching him as a result. I don't think anyone has lost any teeth from fighting in Megan's classes yet - let's hope that Ricardo isn't a prophet.

3 Comments:

At 7:41 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

I really liked that about ricardo,memo.and Mrs fritz. that was funny i liked it
Alexis

 
At 8:35 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

I really like how Mrs. Fritz looks really ollllld and strict. Kind of like that teacher in those books where the nice teacher went away and the sub was really really mean but then it ended up that the nice teacher was just dressing up as the mean teacher and ACTING mean so that she could get her kids to behave. Remember that?

-Katie

 
At 1:42 a. m., Blogger Brandi said...

I think that your class and Sally's class should meet. They seem likd they would hit it off great.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter