miércoles, marzo 15, 2006

Breakfast with the McAdam sisters

We just got back from a great vacation last night with Megan's sister, Heather, and right now both sisters are making some potatoes and eggs for breakfast. We're taking Heather back to the airport this afternoon, and I think she's got a good taste of what our lives in Honduras are like, and what a beautiful country this is. She even learned a little spanish - "Que basura" and "cachorro" are by far her favorites! I've got two rolls of film filled with our adventures - howler monkeys, spiders the size of your hand, beautiful beaches, ancient Mayan archaeology - most of which I'll post up here in the next few days. Thanks for your prayers if you were praying for safe travel for us, we were definitely blessed with an unforgettable experience! Here's a picture of one of our gecko friends that I rescued from our kitchen sink a few days ago while I was doing dishes.

4 Comments:

At 9:27 a. m., Blogger Brandi said...

Cute, but I can't help wondering approximately how many Gecko friends do you have?!

 
At 3:05 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Can you bring me a Gecko friend next time you come to MI?

 
At 3:21 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Cute gecko-- can you bring one for my first graders,too?? Glad you had a wonderful trip, can't wait to see the pictures. Tried to call and wish you a "Happy 25th Birthday" yesterday, but evidently you were still out adventuring. (Your dad says that now you are officially an "old fart", too, since you are a quarter of a century old.) Love, Mom and Pop

 
At 7:22 p. m., Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Brandi - Our current resident gecko population is at 0...I think. They usually make themselves pretty visible because they love to climb up walls.

And sorry Mom and Katie - I can't introduce Honduran geckos to the United States! What if they established breeding pairs and multiplied exponentially, tragically exterminating all mosquitoes?

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter