jueves, agosto 10, 2006

To blog or not to blog....

After talking to some people a few weeks ago at Frahm's going away party, I've decided to pick up with the blogging again. Hopefully the entries will be at least weekly, if not more frequent. Here's what has been happening in our corner of the universe lately...

- Megan is enjoying grad school (even though most people think working with mosquitoes would be close to hell on earth) and her graduate advisor has been really supportive of her ideas. Basically she's working with a few different strains of malaria carrying mosquitoes from Africa (they don't have malaria while she is working with them) and trying to figure out how mosquito eggs remain viable during the dry season there.
- I've been working at FedEx lately, pulling a 3am-7:30am shift Tuesday-Saturday mornings, then working at the mosquito lab taking care of the mosquito colony where Megan works from 9am-12. I'm pretty sleep deprived during the week, and consequently my left eyelid has been twitching every so often ever since I started work at FedEx. But now I have to quit that job because I'm going back to school in the fall for my teaching certificate at State (biology major/chem minor) and will be working on that for the next 2 years. Kind of a big decision, but the lack of wildlife/environmental jobs around here coupled with how much I enjoyed teaching in Honduras has helped to seal the deal. Plus God didn't send any bolts of lightning down to put the kabosh on the plan, so I'll take that as a green light.

A friend of ours from church, Adam Crawford, has decided to head down to Honduras to teach this year! Pray for him as he is leaving tomorrow (Friday) to take part in this awesome adventure that God has placed in his path.

Until next time!

6 Comments:

At 10:56 a. m., Blogger Jeremy Schneider said...

Hey! Welcome back! I was wondering if you'd start blogging again. :)

 
At 6:00 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi Brad! It's Evelyn from Riverview :) I haven't talked to you in a while. I hope you are well. While thinking of school starting again I remembered I have another spanish class comming up. I was wondering if you still had those spanish books. It would be great if you can bring them with you to State. I'm excited to hear about your experience in Honduras. I met a girl from there on a Summer Beach Project through Campus Outreach. This summer has been amazing. Talk to you soon! ~Evelyn

 
At 8:21 p. m., Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Yep, todavia tenemos sus libros. We can bring them to church when you come back. Just let us know!

 
At 11:53 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hey Brad,

I've been keeping up on the blog pretty much the entire time it has been going, just been staying silent. Glad to hear the two of you are back safe and sound and life is going well! Truth be told, I need some information from you. I noticed you said you are going back to state to get your teaching certificate and that is something I am heavily considering doing now that I have been out for a year. Send me an e-mail when you get a chance (having trouble finding yours at the moment) because I would love to know more about how you go about doing it. Ok, enough rambling, talk to you soon and tell Megan I say hello as well!

~John Hepper
hepperjo@msu.edu

 
At 12:25 p. m., Blogger Sally said...

Yay! You're blogging again! Glad to know that things are going well for you. :)

 
At 12:04 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hey, hit me up sometime Brad, lemme know you're alive! you gotta come out and show me that place you told me about around here in Ypsi

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter