lunes, marzo 27, 2006

How's your bracket lookin'?

I'm not much of a sports guy, but these statistics about the NCAA tournament made me crack up.

From go.espn.com:

More than 1.5 million people participated in our NCAA bracket contest and of the more than 3 million entries submitted only four -- that's right, four -- picked a Final Four including Florida, George Mason, LSU and UCLA before the tournament started. Over 66 percent of entries had none of the Final Four teams correct and better than 29 percent had exactly two teams correct.

As you probably guessed, George Mason is the team that busted the most brackets. The Patriots were picked in 1,853 entries to make the Final Four (~.06%), with only 677 putting them in the championship game and only 284 predicting George Mason winning the national championship. UCLA, on the other hand, got the most support -- more than 24 percent of all entries have the Bruins advancing to Indianapolis.


It would have been nice if ESPN could have included something about which of these 4 people to pick the correct final four teams actually know anything about basketball.

3 Comments:

At 6:05 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

So Brad.....

Are you really a basketball fan..do you really care about the final 4 or is boredom getting the best of you? Hope you two are doing well...we're missing you lots. Mom and Dad can't wait to come down! They were asking me all kinds of questions last night. ( Mom asked me if dad will be nervous the whole trip :)Lots of love

Heather

 
At 7:21 p. m., Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Yeah, I guess I have to give in to the boredom factor you mentioned...Megan needs to come up with an original blog so I don't have to keep racking my brain for topics! Megan wants you to know that Don Christino is back in our building - machetee and all! Randomness: I'm taking the Jeopardy screening test tonight online, so we'll let you know how it goes!

 
At 3:57 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

I can't believe that I missed him!
Is he still living in the little broom closet on the roof? Brad...you have to snap a picture of him when he's not looking, make sure it includes the machetee!

Heather

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter