jueves, mayo 11, 2006

Grab bag

Since I'm such a slacker at posting regular blogs, you're going to get the scoop on most of what's been going on in one heaping mega blog.

Two weeks ago, Megan and I visited a friends house, Mauricio, for the first time to see his currency collection. I know, I know...it sounds kind of like Bert saying to Ernie, "Come check out my paper clip collection!" but it was actually really cool. Mauricio literally has currency from EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY in the entire world. He has money from Germany when it was still divided into East/West sides. He has money from Iraq with Saddam's face and the new currency without it. He has money from countries that don't even exist anymore. It took us about 2 hours to go through his entire collection; it was like taking a world tour in warp speed. He even gave us a few bills that he had doubles of to start our own collection. Check out this Iraqi dinar:



One of our guilty pleasures down here is watching The Amazing Race and Survivor every Wednesday and Thursday, and man, we are SO glad that team MoJo got eliminated last episode on Amazing Race. Does anyone else out there watch this show? Tonight we've got a date with Survivor to see who's going to make it down to the last three, and of course the claws are going to come out. There's something great about being able to watch the stupidity and drama that people get themselves into without actually having to be a part of it. Agree?

In other news, Megan is still trying to conquer her mystery cold. It went away last week for a while, and this week has returned for round 2. She went to a doctor two days ago who said it is probably allergy related and wrote her a few prescriptions. She's feeling a little better today, but thankfully the weekend is almost here which should give her more time to rest and recuperate. Pray that she's feeling better by Monday if you think of it. Hasta luego!

3 Comments:

At 9:42 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hey Megan and Brad...

I hope you guys are having an awesome time down there in Tegus. I just wanted you guys to know, that I really appeciated you guys letting me use your apartment to watch the MSU football games. I guess i never really got a chance to tell you that before i left. I really hope youre having a great time there and a great time teaching all of the students there. I still keep in touch with a lot of the students and they're telling me that they enjoy your classes!! which is awesome.

well, i hope you guys are still enjoying being there and are enjoying teaching. thanks again for the use of the apartment...i probably wouldve cried if i didnt get to see the MSU-UM game, even though we lost cable during overtime, and lost the game. i appreciated you guys being my friends down there while i was there and i miss Tegus. Tegus and the students of EGC will always have a place in my heart. Good luck to you in whatever you do after you finish the year there.

-Jeff

 
At 1:46 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

M and B- We are actually in Italy now! So hi from Rome! Will talk to you guys more later!

-C and K

 
At 7:49 a. m., Blogger Brad and Megan said...

ZOIKS! Have an awesome time over there guys!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter