miércoles, mayo 17, 2006

SCHOOOOOL'S OUT....FOR....SUMMER!

Sounds - Horns honking, car alarms going off in the street below, Megan tutoring a student in math while the student speaks Spanglish.

In honor of Sally's trivia she's been tossing out on her blog, I thought I'd throw my own out there. Name the band/lead singer that crooned the lyrics in the blog title AND name the shortest book in the Bible (no cheating!). I'll order some kind of shrine to be built here in Honduras if you get them both right...or maybe bring you back a Honduran treat of some kind!

The kids here are finished with school in less than three weeks, and it's definitely starting to show in their behavior. Add to it the fact that the kids (and everyone here for that matter) are insanely devoted to soccer and today during school was the final match between Barcelona and Arsenal in the European league, and you pretty much have complete chaos. I had to pull the "stand silently in front of the class with an angry look" trick on the 7th graders to get them all to sit in their seats. It worked so well I thought about just staying like that for the rest of the class. It was getting a little weird though after about 30 seconds, and one of the kids laughed and almost made me laugh in the process...almost.

In Amazing Race news, BJ and Tyler (aka 'the hippies') won the million dollars tonight! It's such a gratifying feeling when the jerks don't win the final jackpot. These two guys probably argued the least out of any team that has ever been on the show before. They even had good attitudes when they each had to eat a gigantic bowl of fried grasshoppers in Thailand while vomitting intermittently. So to BJ and Tyler when you guys read this blog....TA-TOW!

P.S. Megan is feeling much better now and only has a little cough now and then. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

6 Comments:

At 6:29 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Number One Teacher Rule: Never, never bust up laughing when you have your mad "teacher face" on! That is so funny that you said that, though, because my kids were so excited about their penpals (from Mel's class) coming to visit yesterday, that we had to do the "heads down" thing for a few minutes to lower the noise level to a dull roar. I almost laughed because it got so quiet, and I thought to myself, what would I do if they just refused .... but they never do. hmmmm Hope they don't get wise to that ever. lol - Mom

 
At 8:30 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

I am really torn between answering your trivia questions or Sally's. Which should I work on??? You offer a shrine built in Honduras, and she offers a bed and food in Ukraine.... I'll probably never make it to Ukraine, so maybe the shrine would be more practical...except, I'm not into shrines, and she is my daughter!! I do enjoy reading about your adventures. Best wishes.

 
At 2:37 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Yo B-
So Im chillin here in Italia, waiting for Cliff, so I cruise on over to your blog and start reading. And what do I read? A great big AMAZING RACE SPOILER! Thanks a billion!!

-K

P.S. I kid, I kid.

 
At 6:50 p. m., Blogger Brad and Megan said...

In the words of one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th century...DOH!

Yeah, um, I probably should've slapped a disclaimer at the top just in case someone TiVo'ed Amazing Race and hadn't watched it yet.....or in the case of you hearty travelers, have been too busy to actually watch TV. Anyway, isn't it good news though?!? Hope you guys have a safe trip back, and we'll see you in a month or so!

 
At 3:06 a. m., Blogger Sally said...

Philemon, I think.

And Mom, if you read this, keep in mind that you can answer trivia on more than one blog!

 
At 9:54 a. m., Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Well, no one guessed the song title, and only Sally guessed the shortest book in the Bible, and I'm sorry to say that she didn't get it. The correct answer to the band question is Alice Cooper, and the shortest book in the Bible is 2 John with only 13 verses. 3 John is a close second with 15 verses. Sorry, no shrine this time!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter