martes, septiembre 20, 2005

Don´t drink the water


Location: Internet cafe in the mall
Sounds: Unintelligilble spanish, Four Non Blondes "What´s Going On" playing on the radio in the cafe.

I have the best wife in the world. For the past two days I´ve been sick with some pretty bad flu-like symptoms, and she´s been my in house nurse/cook/general source of encouragement and unconditional love. What a woman! (Notice the new picture above with Brad kissing his Immodium AD box!) She stayed up with me all Sunday night when I had a fever of 101 making sure I was drinking enough water and keeping my head cool with a wet washcloth. Later that night around 2 AM, I had a really strange feeling in my stomach so I headed to the bathroom to take care of it, but something different happened this time. My stomach muscles started having spasms for about 5 minutes and I was having trouble breathing. I was pretty scared. She called a friend to take me to the hospital in case the spasms didn´t stop, but luckily I was able to breathe and the cramping stopped shortly after he arrived.
I thanked God a lot that night...I´m sure a Honduran hospital visit would´ve been a bit much for me to handle in that condition.

Anyway, I´m doing much better now and Megan is happy that I´ve come back to the land of the living. We´ll be avoiding Subway´s toppings for the rest of the time we´re in Honduras, thank you very much.

One of our friends here was joking with us that it´s good that our apartment is on the top floor of the complex because our prayers reach God that much quicker. I don´t know how true that is, but it certainly didn´t hurt these past few days.

4 Comments:

At 5:20 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Okay, this is more information than a mom really needs on a blogsite, thank you very much! Glad you're okay now and once again I am reminded that you are both so totally in God's hands and He can actually take good care of you without your mommy's help! Glad you're feeling better and so thankful that God blessed you with an awesome wife/nurse like Megan. Love you both - Mom

 
At 9:26 a. m., Blogger Dan Price said...

Glad to hear you are doing better man.

Dude, I really wish you were here. I'm starting a folky band and we need an awesome drummer. Let me know if you get sick again and decide to come back early...

 
At 4:11 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

We're all so glad you are feeling better, Brad! Heather told us about your unfortunate experience and our hearts went out to both of you. Thinking of you.
Love, Bob, Elaine, Joel, Jill, and Jeff (only Jill wrote the message)

 
At 5:57 p. m., Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Thanks for the well wishing everyone. My intestinal tract sincerely thanks you. And so do the zillions of bacteria swimming around in there.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter