domingo, septiembre 11, 2005

A few things...

When living in Honduras, there are a few things you need to get used to.
  1. Milk and eggs do not need to be refrigerated, contrary to popular belief. The first time I went to the supermarket here I was horrified to see boxes of milk (yes, most milk comes in boxes) just sitting on the shelves in the grocery isle. Then I turned around to see...horror of horrors...cartons and cartons of eggs doing the same thing! Some milk is refrigerated, but the temp is about 70 degrees inside the fridge anyway, so the merits of buying such milk are marginal at best.
  2. Car horns are not used only for emergency, but instead used in any and every situation. I can´t tell you how many times a taxi cab has honked at Megan and I walking down the road to try to pick us up, and I turn around like it´s one of our friends from home trying to flag us down.
  3. Banana is not just a fruit, it´s also a beverage. Here they have banana flavored pop, which I couldn´t resist trying. It´s kind of like cream soda, but not really. The chemists who came up with the ¨banana¨ flavor have a few kinks to work out yet.
Time to go to the supermarket for this weeks grocery haul! We´ll post a few more pictures next time.
Signing off...from the city whose dogs never sleep.

7 Comments:

At 6:23 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Love the blog! Love the pics! But we need more of them, quit slacking! and like Dani said...don't get sick off the unrefrigerated milk and eggs or banana soda for that matter!
Love you, miss you.......heather

 
At 3:19 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Just getting caught up on all your news. I am thinking of you. I'll be sending you an e-mail soon to update you on my news as well. It is a pleasure to read about all your adventures so far. May God continue to bless you in everything. ~Jill B

 
At 10:48 a. m., Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Thanks for the comments guys! We´ll get some more pictures up soon - maybe today if we don´t use up all our money buying groceries!
Oh, one other thing...purified water is sold in little bags here too. People just bite open the bags and start drinking!

 
At 11:19 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hey guys- Mailing Address?
Is is safe to send written mail/packages via postal service?
Love you guys!
Heather

 
At 12:25 p. m., Blogger Brandi said...

The milk and eggs are unrefridgerated here also, and we have 1L milk boxes. Not only that, people drink all beverages warm here. Ugh, no my favorite part of Germany. Glad to hear you guys are doing well. -Brandi

 
At 1:14 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi guys! I'm really glad to hear you're doing well and everything is coming together. Your entries are hilarious!!

B-rad- way to put those B&N skills to the test at your school's library! I guess the bookstore really does teach us skills we can use in the real world... odd. You might find it amusing to know that after you left things kinda fell apart in the music department (big surprise there). I'll be moving to the book department starting next week. The store is FULL of new people, I think we've hired around 15 newbies. I actually called in today- caught the latest virus on campus...

Well, keep up the good work, kids! And don't forget to have fun!!

-K

 
At 5:04 p. m., Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Hey Kim!
I wondered if any B&N muchachos would check this out! I´m going to send a postcard to B&N soon to say hey, keep a look out. Hope you kick the virus soon, I´ve had some wicked germs invading my body for the past few weeks. I´ve become well acquainted with the porcelain. Take care!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter