soy macho man

(A picture of our bedroom in our little Honduran abode)
Haha, I know that the title of this blog is kinda strange, but since we post on the internet by using an internet cafe there is a lot of strange stuff on the computer. Apparently the last person to use this computer was doing some sort of personal internet ad and had turned on the autocomplete....I couldn´t resist. Anyway, we had a nice restful weekend this weekend, which will be helpful for the coming week while dealing with the munchkins. The beginning of the week was tough for us as we posted on a our last blog, but the end of the week was better. I already love the kids in my classes even though they are rambunctious and I know that they will test me sometimes. I am really amazed to see how excited they get about science class, and the speed at which they pick up new concepts is mind blowing for me! Brad and I have also been helping in the library at the school. They just moved the library from the front to the back of the building, so everything is totally disorganized. Brad´s experience at Barnes and Noble has really been helping out a lot....although he didn´t care for that job it has really been helpful for figuring out a way to shelve all of the books at this library....God works in mysterious ways. The school here is badly in need of books since most are from about the 1960s and are caked in dust. We worked in the library for about 3 hours on friday and when we got home we were practically covered in black dust. It is a work in progress and hopefully we will be able to post some pictures when it is organized.
P.S. To Jeff´s family: Jeff is doing well and is currently at the Olympia vs. Motagua soccer game. We´ll pass the word along that you are asking about him!

4 Comments:
Megan; A suggestion from an old teacher(grdma). Be sure to always have lots of activities planned and make sure to change activities frequently. Hang in there- you will do well. Much love Grdpa GMcA.
Grandma-
Thanks for the advice!! I am already finding out how necessary it is to have the entire class period full of activities. Otherwise the students get bored and start acting crazy! I am having a lot of fun with all of my students even though at times they try my patience. I especially love to work with them in science class. My seventh graders are so sharp! I am really humbled by the opportunity I have to make a difference in their life. I am so thankful that I am able to have this experience! Love you both and talk to you soon!
Megan
Finally got some time after school to check out your blogsite and am very impressed! It is super interesting --- but needs more pictures. (remember I teach 1st grade and we do best with lots of pictures and few words in our books! haha) Have a good week!
Love - Mom
I also like pictures... but understand that it takes time and money to get them developed...
I can find books to send to you, but that probably would not be very cost effective.
Miss you guys... Hope the kids will be good this week :)
Publicar un comentario
<< Home