Fiesta del Maestros! (Teacher's party)
After a somewhat crazy week of getting over being sick, the weekend has been really relaxing so far. Not much is on the plate for today and tomorrow (which is fine by me) except for going to a little teacher party tonight at a friends house. I guess we're going to eat loads of tacos and play games.....all sorts. Did you catch the Mary Poppins reference?
Oh, I played drums last Friday for the first time in a while at our Friday morning worship service that the school has. Megan got to sing too with two other girls! I think that was the first time I've seen her sing in front of a bunch of people, so that was cool. Everything was kind of thrown together since we practiced the music 10 minutes before we played it, but everyone knew the songs well enough that it didn't really show. Plus the little elementary kids in the front row were singing so loud that you couldn't hear any mistakes we made anyway. I'm also going to be playing on Wednesday nights at a mid-week church service, which I'm really looking forward too. There is an incredible amount of musical talent down here!
I also gave my first Biology exams this past week, which most students did pretty well on. My extra credit was first rate...they had to draw a 3-legged, 2-toed, one-eyed pig-dog with bat wings carrying a lunch box. My old high school Biology teacher used to do things like that, so I thought it was my turn to carry the torch. The kids thought it was hilarious, and most of them needed the extra credit anyway. I should post some of their drawings up here when we get our printer/scanner in October!

1 Comments:
Mr. C! Do I have to get your permission for releasing that extra credit problem to the general public? Or maybe I'll just need to contact Prentice Hall since I'm sure they've included it in their curriculum. LONG LIVE THE SURINAM TOAD!
Publicar un comentario
<< Home