Galatians 6:4-5
Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct.
The topic of the message this Sunday was about hard work, and how it will effect Honduras as a country. One of the verses that the pastor shared was the one above from Galatians. I have to say that the first thing I thought about was the 8th grade students. I thought that the next time I heard someone tattle on one of their classmates I was going to make that kid stay in during lunch time and copy it 50 times.
But in reality, they are not the only ones that need to hear it. I need to hear it. A lot. I love the school and I love my job here but it is really difficult not to get wrapped up in the politics. I should be focused on my own work and not the work of others. I often find myself becoming too preoccupied with the way that other teachers are interacting with the students and it is not my business. My job is to do the best I can in the time that I have here, and to try to influence the lives of the students in a positive way......The funny part about this is that I was reading through the book of Galatians the entire week before this message and these verses didn't stand out to me at all....think God might be trying to teach me something???

0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home