Today I finished grading the chemistry exams for my 11th grade class, and I am happy to say that the average hovered right around 77%. The worst grade was a 66% but I really don't feel all that bad about the student receiving this grade. As I was handing back the exams today, I asked the class, "Honestly, how much did each of you study?".....and of course, those that did well studied more and those that did poorly (surprise) didn't study much. It was great to see some students who didn't do the greatest on their biology exam do very well on their chemistry exam, and to see their excitement at their awesome score. How inspiring! It's not much, but for a person who stands up in front of classes day after day, yammering on and on in the hopes that someone understands what you're saying, it's the fuel that you run on. That and the belief that the power of God can work in the lives of these kids, just as He's working in the life of one particular kid named Brad.
Also, Megan brought in our portable CD player and speakers to her 7th and 8th grade science and math classes to play some jazz for them while they worked. The 7th graders loved Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue" album, which of course, means that they are all geniuses!

0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home