miércoles, septiembre 28, 2005

Pictures speak louder than words!

Hello everyone!
I think that this entry will be mostly a bunch of pictures with their explanations and that way we can show you guys what we have been doing lately. We have been waiting for a week for these pictures and are really excited to share them. We dropped off our roll of film last wednesday and we were promised that the pictures would be back at the photo shop by friday. We checked at the store friday, saturday, monday and finally on tuesday they came. We have become regulars at this photo shop. Anyway, the owners felt so bad that it had taken so long that they gave us the pictures for free!
So....here they are:


Two weekends ago Brad and I went over to our friends house and tried to cook them a North American meal. We decided on Hamburger casserole....a family favorite. We had a little trouble finding the ingredients at the grocery store though, so Lenin....who we were cooking for had to come with us to the grocery store and give us a hand with searching for the ingredients. Who knew that finding boxed mashed potatoes would be so difficult! We had a great time at their house and although I did not have quite the same ingredients to work with that I was used to, I think our dinner was ok.




These last four pictures were from the Independence Day parade here in Honduras. We actually took a lot more than this but for the sake of time I can only post these. There were around 60 schools in the parade here in Tegucigalpa. As you can see the police officers and the military were an impressive part of the parade. It was a little shocking to us that the police were doing all kinds of formations with the hand guns....but there was this really cool stunt bike show that the police put on as well. Dad, we took the pictures of the police trucks for you....Not all police vehicles look like this...in fact, we have never actually seen anything like this on the street. But I thought you might like to see them anyway!
The last two pictures here are of Brad and I during our trip to Villa Olimpica or their olimpic stadium. It has a nice track to run on but it is too far away from our apartment for us to be able to go very often. The principal of the school went with us on our trip to the track and afterward we went to get coffee at a shop called Espresso Americano....this place had a beautiful view of the city, and the picture really does not do it justice. Ok, well that is all for now because I have been loading pictures on to this website for almost an hour and I still have planning to do for my 8th grade science class.....We are studying the solar system out of a book that was last updated in the mid 1990s.....Needless to say the book is slightly lacking. Hope to hear from you all later. Keep posting the messages because we love to read them!




3 Comments:

At 5:59 a. m., Blogger Yi said...

Great pictures and great post, I love reading them :) I miss you guys, and glad that you are having fun...

 
At 6:09 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

boxed mashed potatoes?!?!? can you even call those potatoes? megan i can't believe you feed your husband immitation food!! the real stuff is were it's at dog!
....
anywho, it's real cool to read your blog. i hope and pray that God blesses your trip there and that you futher his kingdom!

peas out!

"the e slash v"

 
At 8:42 a. m., Blogger Dan Price said...

Wow, it looks beautiful there.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter