martes, noviembre 08, 2005

The Lovely Lempira



I'm having a blast with this new scanner/printer combo and laptop that we have now! It's been a while since I've had ultra-cool technology at my fingertips, so I have to admit I'm going a little nuts. "What?! I can play music on the computer AND use another program at the same time without the computer freezing up? What kind of wizardry is this?!?!" So the next few posts will be saturated with pictures for your viewing enjoyment (for those that didn't see them already).

This first one is a little mosiac I laid out on the table one day when I had all the demoninations of the paper currency down here. Behold, the mighty lempira!!! Or not so mighty, as it really is. Yup, the one lempira bill is worth....drumroll please....oh, a whole 5 cents U.S.! The exchange rate is about 1 U.S. dollar to 20 lempiras, so you math whizzes out there can calculate how much every other bill is worth. I didn't bother taking pictures of the coins, since coins can't really get that exciting. And when you consider that they are a fraction of a penny in U.S. value anyway, they probably aren't worth taking a picture of in the first place!

The other picture is of a woman making a Honduran classic - pupusas! They're like a cornmeal pancake with cheese inside, and usually served with cabbage. Buen provecho!


Free Web Site Counter