domingo, octubre 09, 2005

Dissecting Flowers!!


Hello everybody!
I haven´t written a blog entry in a while, so I was elected to do it today. I just want to tell you all how much I love my seventh grade science class. They are my little brainiacs! We are covering plants right now, and I took them to the lab the other day to dissect flowers. I have one very sweet student in the class who, although it was homework for the students to bring in their own flowers, brought in flowers for the whole class! They had a great time studying their dissected flowers....they always surprise me. I expected that I was going to have the most difficult time teaching their class but 5th period, seventh grade science is my favorite time of day!
Brad and I are getting much more comfortable teaching with our limited resources and are trying to come up with some more creative ways to teach other than just lecturing and giving notes....which some of my middle school/ highschool science teachers did. I am excited to take some of my 8th grade science class to the planetarium since we are studying the solar system right now and we have very few resources to make a class about astronomy interesting.
Our latest picture is of the neighborhood watchdog in Jacaleapa, where Jeff lives. His name is Ranger and is one of the thousands of stray dogs in the city, but he actually protects their neighborhood. He is covered with fleas and ticks and only has 3 usable legs......one is crippled from a past encounter with a car, but they keep him around because he keeps the weirdos away.

8 Comments:

At 11:35 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Thanks for the picture of Jeff and Ranger. We're still enjoyning your blog site.
Jeff's Mom

 
At 1:01 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Maybe you could bring Ranger back to the US to teach Foster how to keep the "weirdos" away. He would invite them all in to stay and maybe lick them to death. Glad to hear you are enjoying teaching more and more -- sounds like your 7th grade class is the highlight of your day! Enjoy your blogs and miss you lots - Mom

 
At 2:04 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Ranger must not do a very good job. there is a wierdo standing next to him. just kidding :) nice blog...

-Jeff's Brother

 
At 11:12 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

HI,

Just catching up on your adventures! Thanks for the photos of the police vehicles. Where do they put someone that they arrest, in the bed of the pickup? Glad to hear that both of you had an opportunity to share your musical gifts. I sure miss them!

Looking forward to seeing you very soon!

Love, Dad

 
At 2:26 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Enjoying your updates and pictures. Check your e-mail sometime, Megan. I sent you both an update from GR. ~Jill

 
At 11:33 a. m., Blogger Brandi said...

Thanks for the pic of Jeff. Tell him that I miss him.

 
At 3:27 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Megan & Brad; We are enjoying your messages. It sounds like you are into a good routine in your teaching. Obviously you are having some satisfactor experiences. To see the progress and development of your students is the true reward for your efforts. Keep up the good work! Grdpa McA

 
At 10:33 p. m., Blogger Abigail said...

Do you teach in english or spanish? I figured Spanish but I didn't know if it was a bilingual school at the same time.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter