Thanksgiving Dinner.....3 times!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and we hope that you are all enjoying the turkey and mashed potatoes! Today we had our Thanksgiving celebration at the school and some of the teachers and students helped to put on a program for the parents. Brad and I both sung during the program but the best part of the program was the little kids. They were super cute...they all dressed up as pilgrims and indians and sang praise songs for the parents. I wish we could have taken some pictures but we were so busy with the music that we didn't get the chance. Hopefully some kind soul will lend us some of their pictures to scan and post on the website.
After the program, the kids all went to their classrooms to have Thanksgiving dinner and since Brad and I were lucky enough to chaperone the 8th graders, we ate our first dinner there. Then the teachers all had a second Thanksgiving together with TONS of food. There was no turkey at either (chicken instead) but it was still excellent. Then tonight another of our friends invited us to go to Church's Chicken for our third Thanksgiving meal of the day......and we're stuffed. Tomorrow we are invited to another Thanksgiving celebration with some friends of ours from the church.
I know that I shouldn't be, but I am always amazed at how concerned our friends are here. They consistently are so generous and caring that I really shouldn't be surprised, but I am. They know that Thanksgiving is a special holiday in the states, where we would usually be spending time with family and so they are trying to help us feel a little less homesick. They have really helped us to realize how important it is to serve other people and think of their needs first. That makes us especially thankful for them!

0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home